Part No: 13541-97201 or 13500-00R01
Warranty: 100,000km or 3 years whichever come first
Brand: Genuine Perodua
What’s in the box: 1 x Timing Belt 1 x Timing / Idler Bearing 1 x Camshaft Oil Seal 1 x Crankshaft / Timing Oil Seal
- The timing kit set provided here is the most common size/part which fits most of the mentioned engine. Nevertheless, in very rare case, there may be a likelihood the Crankshaft / Timing Oil Seal may not similar to yours due to engine variation. Components that are differ from the kit set provided will be sold separately.
- A timing belt, timing chain or cambelt is a part of an internal combustion engine that synchronizes the rotation of the crankshaft and the camshaft(s) so that the engine’s valves open and close at the proper times during each cylinder’s intake and exhaust strokes.
- If the timing belt snaps / broken off, some engine components run into each other, causing bent valves (most common), cylinder head or camshaft damage, and possibly piston and cylinder wall damage. This is a serious engine damage.
- The old rule, timing belt should be changed every 60,000km. As technology has improved, many manufacturers recommend intervals up to 100,000km or more. To be safe, you should check what the vehicle’s manufacturer recommends and stay within that mileage.
- The timing belt must be kept and running dry and free from grease or oil contamination. Oil leak from camshaft seal or crankshaft seal often hurt timing belt and cause a timing belt fails prematurely. So it is important to get it inspected periodically by your mechanic.
- The manufacturer may change the product packaging from time to time without prior notice. Photos for illustration purpose only.